Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fall recipes. And Craving lasagna.

I've been so busy baking desserts for the balooning family gathering this weekend, that I haven't actually cooked anything in days. Well, I guess I should say I was so busy looking at recipes. Because I only ended up baking three desserts, but narrowing the list down took the better part of three days and two bottles of wine. Thank you, Internet.

  • Smitten Kitchen has posted what just may be the best looking fall recipe of all time. Butternut squash and caramelized onion galette. The name is long but the taste is strong. And I think I should get paid for coming up with that slogan.
  • Last Night's Dinner has had some even more amazing recipes than usual this week - I need someone to cook like that for MY birthday. The "Keep it Simple" meal is making my mouth water at 10 AM after a full breakfast. And if THAT's not the mark of good food, then I don't know what it.
  • It must be fall, because butternut squash is ALL OVER the internet these days. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup from Tasting Spoons makes me remember that it's been almost a year since I've made it. And as soon as I get the visions of tonight's lasagna out of my head, then I'll get right to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somebody needs to share a coconut recipe, so I can drool in technidetail.