Thursday, April 3, 2008

Quick and Dirty Zuchhini

Ok, here I go with my love affair for my favorite little seasoning blend again. I made some zucchini to go with the Italian chicken the other night. And I wanted something easy, but yummy. Which really isn't hard to do - zucchini is very forgiving, any flavor at all goes with it, and as long as you can cut it, you can cook it, so I don't know why I'm feeling all smarty-McProudy pants. (And the cutting may be optional, but I haven't experimented yet. I'll let you know).

Also - the zucchini wasn't dirty. I washed it.




Quick Baked Zucchini

1 large zucchini, in slices about 3/4 inch thick.
1 tbsp (or less) olive oil
About 3 good shakes of McCormick Roasted Garlic and Bell Pepper seasoning

Heat oven to 375F.

Mix all thee items together in a bowl; put in a shallow baking dish.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
Eat.

Notes:
I didn't measure the olive oil, but I know I used too much. You might even be able to get away without using any at all, which would make this even healthier.

After the zucchini has been dished up, it is perfectly acceptable to run your fingers around the bowl to get any stray bits of seasoning that didn't get served up and then lick said fingers clean. I think that may be standard etiquette in some country somewhere.

After you type "zucchini" six times in 10 minutes, it starts to look wrong. Very wrong. Try it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE zucchini! I'm hoping to grow some in my garden this year - we'll see if it actually grows. I've never baked it before though. I always just cook it up in a pan on the stove top with olive oil and salt and pepper. It's also really good with lemon pepper seasoning. And I love to toast up some walnuts at the same time - mmmm. I'll have to try the baking though.

themanfromearth said...

Cukes and Zukes! I'm going to try the zukes, first...and last :-) [on your advice!]. I love fried zucchini, but would enjoy a healthier version. I'm with Amy,,,,grow them and then cook them using your recipe. Thanks for all the wonderful sounding ideas Debbie!